Monday, March 7, 2011

April 4,2011

Many of you are probably wondering what is the significance of this date to be the title of my blog entry. Welllll let me tell you. Over Christmas break just getting back from an amazing experience in Guatemala I felt uneasy being back home. It's hard to describe the feeling but to say, I know my heart is not in the United States.As I tried to enjoy the Christmas festivities and make the transition back to normal life a yearning to just go consumed me. I decided to look for an opportunity through an organization to be able to step out of my comfort zone with my only security coming in knowing Gods truth. Long story short I found one, applied and was accepted. So for two months over the summer I will be in Kenya, Africa helping build a church, teaching the gospel, loving on orphans, being led by the Holy Spirit through the streets of Africa, and seeing the healing power of Christ!!!! Needless to say, I am beyond ecstatic!!!!!

As I am gearing up for this trip I am realizing, that the easiest part was accepting the call to go. April 4th is getting closer and closer and lets just put it this way, I am $2,050 short for my first payment to buy a plane ticket. Although this might be cause for freak out, in this time particularly the past week, I have been able to see God do some AMAZING things. Just today appeared a mysterious $20 dollars on my bulletin board where I keep all the money I have received for Kenya. I have been racking my brain with possible suspects of who it could have been and I have just accepted that it was an angel. Whoever you are thank you for listening and being used by God, you made my day.

I would greatly appreciate it if you would be praying that God would begin to prepare the hearts of those in Kenya to receive what we intend to do and that the funds would be provided if it is in Gods will for me to go. Thank You


“Never let the odds keep you from doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do.”


Song of the entry: NaYe by Geraldo Toto, Lokua Kanza & Richard Bona

0 comments:

Post a Comment