Saturday, December 4, 2010

Ye of little Faith

Over the summer I went on my first mission trip/plane ride/out of country experience to Guatemala. Needless to say it was remarkable. Ever since then I said I was going to go back so I signed up for another mission trip to Guatemala in December. My family not being thrilled the first time I went thought this trip was a luxury trip and chose not to financially help support me. I had no idea how but somehow I was going to make it work. As we all mingled and watched football at our first team meeting we sat down to discuss the dreaded topic of finances. That is when the atom bomb dropped. "Due to the increase in cost of the plane ticket there will have to be an additional $100 added to the overall cost."  As soon as that was said I heard nothing else. My mind immediately filled with doubt. Questions of should I drop out of the trip? how am I going to pay for this? when I pay for this how am I gong to pay rent? gas? food?

With all these questions consuming me for days I stopped and asked, WHERE IS MY FAITH? It is so easy to say the Christian response well of course my faith is in the God. But when it comes down to something that only He could so graciously help me achieve; was it? As I reflected on events in my life I found  no evidence to support my little faith. Particularly in the area of finances when I have had no money for the necessities in life everything has been provided right on time. So why is it so easy to forget that God is still as in control as he has been every other time?

Over the next couple of months I began to release the lies that I had been feeding myself. The idea that I was going to make this trip happen. I no longer trusted in my own power but finally had the faith I thought I had. A faith that God was going to work it out and let me feel like I contributed. The trip is finally here and God has blessed me more than I could have ever dreamed. I have had money rolling in from everywhere and now my trip has been completely paid for and more!

If you are like me the subject of faith is something I have heard preached countless times but everyday I need to be reminded that my faith needs to be in God and him alone. Ultimately everything whether we want it to be or not is in Gods hands so we might as well release the control we cling to. My hope for you is that you put your faith in God and see how everything will come together.




Theme song of the entry
Yolanda Adams: Victory


I'm not worried about material things I dont have
I just rest cause I’m sure in my Savior’s care
Because I know my blessing is on the way
I can't see it right now but I stand by faith.
I've fought many, many battles in His name
I held up the blood-stained banner and proclaimed
That Jesus is the truth and the light:
Believe me when I say He will make it all right!

0 comments:

Post a Comment